Frozen Thunder at the Canmore Nordic Centre opens two weeks from today. You can read about it here What’s new at Canmore Nordic Centre. Can’t wait to see what the weather/temperature will be.
As you can see in the photo, it was a warm day in 2011 when Frozen Thunder opened.
I’m really enjoying the comments that have been coming in for our Contest. You’ve got until Monday night to get your entry in.
There are a number of ski sales upcoming in the next 30 days.
- Oct 25 – 27 Calgary new and used ski sale at Max bell arena
- Oct 19 Canmore Nordic Ski Swap (take note of the hours)
- Lifesport. Not sure of the date. I’ll contact Norm to see if he’ll publicize this highly-secretive sale event. He’s reluctant to advertise it because they get overwhelmed(sorry, Norm).
Some new blog features this year:
- I’ve added a new page to the blog where you can list used equipment for sale: Gear swap
- If you have any questions about skiing, this new page will give you a place to ask them: Ask a question
Skiing with your dog
On the main menu under “Resources” I’ve maintained a list of Dog-friendly ski trails. I recently came across this ski resort which takes dog-accommodation to the next level.
Mountain Top Inn and resort in Vermont was named among the most pet-friendly resorts on PawNation.com because it gives your pup a retreat at another level beyond just allowing dogs on the trails. There is a $25 per night fee associated with having your dog accompany you on a cabin vacation, but overnights at Mountain Top provides Fido with a dog bed, a bowl for food and water, and a welcome treat. Your dog is welcome to enjoy a horse-drawn sleigh ride with you and pet sitters are available if you want to leave your dog in the cabin while you treat yourself to dinner in the restaurant.