-Evan-Thomas bridge on Bill Milne trail in K-Country(looking north)- It appears that work has been completed
Galatea creek, reclaimed bridge #1 (Photo by Alf Skrastins) More bridges have been finished! Alf Skrastins sent me this email:
I’m happy to report that Boulton creek in PLPP will be skiable this winter. The trail is presently being worked on with
Update Dec 12, 2015: The Boulton creek trail has been rebuilt and is once again skiable. I thought we should remind skiers about the flood damaged Boulton creek trail which is reported to be inaccessible. I have talked to many skiers this winter who have skied on Boulton creek trail, starting…
– Chuck is fording the Spray river with the almost-repaired bridge in the background – There is one last obstacle to having the entire
– A newly completed section of Ribbon creek. – One of my favourite trails, Ribbon creek, is reborn after being destroyed by the 2013 floods. Thanks to Alf for this
Chuck O’Callaghan has put together a portfolio of damaged and replaced bridges. If you’re a regular reader, you may have seen all of these at one time or another.
– Whiskey Jack trail(file photo) – We’ll be skiing on Whiskey Jack this winter. Yes!!!! It has been repaired!
– The bridge over the Spray River is the last obstacle to having the entire Goat Creek – Spray River trail repaired. Photo by Chuck O’Callaghan –
– Pre-flood Ribbon creek. It’s sad to know we’ll never see this sight ever again – On Twitter from the Rocky Mountain Outlook…