Entries to this contest are closed.
Win a free night and dinner at Stoney-Nakoda Resort
Along with hundreds of skiers, Stoney Nakoda Resort and Casino, on the doorstep to K-Country, is looking forward to the beginning of cross-country skiing in Kananaskis.
After months of waiting, it’s satisfying and exciting to go skiing on the trackset trails for the first time each winter…but exactly what day will it be?
Usually, but not always, the first trail to be machine trackset in K-Country is Elk pass because of its unique location and high elevation. Going back in my records, its first tracksetting has been as early as Nov 12 and as late as Dec 13.
Guess the day when you think Elk pass will be trackset* for the first time in the comments section below.
Entries must be in by Nov 17, 2019, at 11:59 pm.
Guess the date of the first tracksetting on Elk Pass in Kananaskis Country and you could be the lucky winner of a night’s accommodation and a buffet dinner for 2 at Stoney-Nakoda Resort. Leave a comment below with your guess.
- If more than one entrant picks the winning date, winner will be the first person to have guessed the correct date.
Everyone else who guessed the correct date will be entered in the draw for 2nd prize, one night’s accommodation and a buffet dinner for 2 at Stoney-Nakoda Resort.
*Trackset means machine trackset. Packing, grooming, and skier-tracked will not be considered as “trackset.”
The fine print:
- one entry per person.
- To avoid any confusion, write your date in long form; eg Dec 20. Do not use all numbers.
- If more than one entrant picks the winning date, winner will be the first person to have guessed the correct date. If no one guesses the correct date, closest guess wins.
- Everyone else who guessed the correct date will be entered in the draw for 2nd prize. If no others guessed the correct date, closest guess wins.
- Contest closes on Nov 17 at 11:59 pm. All guesses must be in by that date. If tracksetting occurs before Nov 17, the contest will end on that day.
- First names are okay if you don’t want to leave your full name, but make sure you leave your email address with your comment. I’m the only one who sees it, and that’s how I will contact you if you win.
- Entrant must be 18 or over.
- You must be a cross-country skier.
- Trackset means machine trackset. Packing, rolling, grooming, and skier-tracked will not be considered as “trackset.”