“Skiing energetically across the lake, pulling our sleigh through trails banked high with snow, savouring an exquisite dinner, lounging in the hot tub with our heads back to catch fluffy snowflakes on our tongue and staring dreamily into the cozy fire are memories of Emerald Lake forever etched in our minds.” – 2012 entry by Jenny Cuthbertson
The winner will enjoy 2 nights at Emerald Lake Lodge in Yoho National Park(any 2 nights subject to availability). You’ll practically be able to ski from your door on a number of delightful trails including Emerald lake, the Alluvial fan, and the Emerald connector. A few minutes down the road is the Kicking Horse river trail located at the Natural Bridge. This map shows the Yoho winter trails.
After a few hours on the trails, complete your day with a warming hot chocolate with whipped cream in the lounge at Emerald Lake Lodge, or soak in the outdoor hot tub under the stars!
Sunset Magazine named Emerald Lake Lodge one of their top 9 cozy winter lodges!
This prize is eligible for weekends too, not just weeknights.
Read more about Emerald Lake Lodge
Two ways to enter
You can enter this contest by leaving a comment or sending a photo. To encourage photos, we’re entering your name twice if you send a photo.
1. Photo entries
Attach a photo to your email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please limit the caption for your photo to 50 words or less. I will attach your name to the photo. Don’t panic if your photo doesn’t show up right away. I should have it on within a couple days.
Click on add one leave a comment. Sometimes comments don’t show up right away because they need to be approved. I usually get to them within hours, and they will then appear.
Here are some suggestions for the subject of your comment:
- What will you be doing on Christmas day? on New Year’s eve?
- How many waxes do you have in your wax kit, and which one is used the most?
- A favourite ski memory from years past
- How do you feel about fat-tire bikes on xc ski trails?
- How did you originally find this blog?
- Any other topic of your choice
Entry deadline is Tue Dec 30, 2014 at 11:59 pm.
We’ll draw a winner within one week after the entry deadline.
The fine print:
- one entry per person, a comment or a photo. If you leave a comment AND a photo, your name will be entered as per the photo rule.
- First names are okay if you don’t want to leave your full name, but make sure you leave your email address with your comment. I’m the only one who sees it, and that’s how I will contact you if you win.
- Entrant must be 18 or over
- You must be a cross-country skier.
- The winner must respond to my contact email within three days of the draw. If no response, a new winner will be chosen.
Good luck and I look forward to reading some interesting comments and seeing some neat photos.
Photo entries(hover your mouse over the photo for entrant’s name; click on photo for caption):