Nov 19 @ 7:21 pm: This contest is over. Winners will be announced Nov 20.
Guess the date contest
Along with hundreds of skiers, Stoney Nakoda Resort and Casino, on the doorstep to K-Country, is looking forward to the beginning of cross-country skiing in Kananaskis.
After months of waiting, it’s satisfying and exciting to go skiing on the trackset trails for the first time each winter…but exactly what day will it be?
Usually, but not always, the first trail to be machine trackset in K-Country is Elk pass because of its unique location and high elevation.
Guess the day when you think Elk pass will be trackset* for the first time in the comments section below.
1st prize: A night in a suite at Stoney Nakoda resort
2rd prize: Buffet dinner for two in the Ridge restaurant at Stoney Nakoda Resort
*Trackset means machine trackset. Packing, grooming, and skier-tracked will not be considered as “trackset.”
Guess the date of the first tracksetting on Elk pass, and you could be the lucky winner of a night’s accommodation in a suite at Stoney Nakoda Resort and Casino. Leave a comment below with your guess.
The fine print:
- one entry per person.
- If more than one entrant picks the winning date, winner will be drawn from a hat from among the correct entries.
- 2nd prize will be drawn from a hat if there are multiple correct guesses, otherwise it will be awarded to the closest to the correct date.
- Contest closes on Nov 20 at 11:59 pm. All guesses must be in by that date. If tracksetting occurs before Nov 20, the contest will end on that day.
- First names are okay if you don’t want to leave your full name, but make sure you leave your email address with your comment. I’m the only one who sees it, and that’s how I will contact you if you win.
- Entrant must be 18 or over.
- You must be a cross-country skier.
- The winner must respond to my contact email within three days of the draw. If no response, a new winner will be chosen.
- Trackset means machine trackset. Packing, grooming, and skier-tracked will not be considered as “trackset.”
- If nobody chooses the correct date, closest guess wins.
Valid for 2 nights stay for 2 adults in King Room or 2 Queen Room. Not eligible for use Dec 26 – 31. Expires: June 15, 2016