This blog reached 1.8 million+ readers this winter, and logged 2.4 million page views.
The average winter readership over the past four years was 1.1 million.
Since starting the blog in 2008…
- I’ve written 2854 updates.
- 28,750 comments have been submitted.
I don’t know what possessed me to log every ski trip and my distance traveled. Perhaps it encouraged me to try and do even more the following season. In any event, here are some final statistics:
Since I started skiing in 1997…
- I’ve logged 25,029 kilometres.
- The most kilometres I’ve skied in one winter was 1731 in 2012-2013. I skied 105 times that season.
- The most kilometres I’ve skied in one day is 71(Lake Louise to Banff in 2004).
- I’ve skied my all-time favourite trail, Tyrwhitt, 134 times(but no amount will ever be enough).
- My second-favourite: Goat Creek, 84 trips.
- I’ve climbed Whiskey Jack 203 times.
First trail I ever skied: Terrace, at Kananaskis Village. My first winter of skiing in 1997-98, I logged 90 kilometres.
Times I skied with my dog, Tessa: 156. I miss her every day.
Medals I’ve won in ski races: 17
When I started skiing, all I was interested in was going fast. I entered a lot of ski races and had fun competing against my friend Peter who I met in the Calgary Ski Club. He was usually standing in my way of a gold medal but I finally beat him in a come-from-behind victory in the 2005 Cookie race which was a memorable event for me.