Update Dec 26 @ 9:45 a.m.: Kananaskis Public Safety advised me this morning the carcass was moved and Terrace trail remains open to skiers. I learned from my experiences many years ago with the Central Rockies Wolf Project that when you
We had a lot of information regarding the Canmore Nordic Centre yesterday, so let’s see what else is transpiring. Andrew has been busy at Lake Louise:
-Terrace trail near Kananaskis village.- I skied the perimeter loop of the Kananaskis Village trails yesterday(Wed Dec 3) in the late afternoon. Air and snow temperature were -10°C.
I’m thrilled to get our first Groomer’s Report from Tracksetter Jeff at Kananaskis Village/Ribbon Creek/Skogan pass:
Thank you to everybody who left Trip Reports! It’s nice to see all the activity again. When Tessa and I parked at Stoney trailhead at 1:30 pm it was -6°C. Later in the day,
– Thierry and Anita were skiing on upper Kovach. – Beautiful cold snow. Beautiful tracksetting. Beautiful weather. I’m sure everyone is anxious to know
– Bob and Tessa on Hay Meadow. – The trails in the vicinity of Kananaskis Village, Ribbon creek, and Skogan pass have been exceptionally fine this winter.
- Simone and Mike on Kovach. – Do you ever look back and recall a day, an occasion, an experience, or a situation which was truly a life-changing event?
The weather forecast has been very incorrect this week, with today being another example. Environment Canada was predicting a high of +7°C for Canmore and Kananaskis village, but it
It’s very enjoyable to ski the trails around Ribbon creek and Kananaskis village when the conditions are good. With the
– At the end of Terrace trail, skiers stare in anguish at the insurmountable barrier of Ribbon creek – Hmmm…it could be an appropriate title for the last post
Just in! Fantastic news! Some grooming has occurred, and the new trail reporting system is in place for this winter. It’s similar to the “Live
– Skiers on Terrace link trail – New tracksetting from yesterday was in fine condition for waxless skis. I was using my zero skis and climbed the steep hill
I think every trail in PLPP must be in great condition right now. I didn’t ski them all, but the ones I did ski were excellent, and the others which I observed looked good.
It’s getting close to the end of February and I still hadn’t skied to Hummingbird Plume so today was the day. We don’t
Thank you, trip reporters, for the prompt updates today. Lots of excitement which everyone has probably read about by now, but if you haven’t seen the previous updates
Update Feb 22: Due to a cougar kill, there are some closures in effect for Ribbon creek west of Link junction, and Link. Check the Trip Reports
– Everyone and their dog were having fun today at Ribbon creek – It was the perfect day
For two days in a row I’ve been pleasantly surprised by conditions at trails where I thought it would be too icy. Today it was Ribbon creek
Did you know that Skogan pass is steeper today than it was 10 years ago? At least, that’s what Jane told me on the trail today. Maybe she was telling me that the years
← Previous Entries
Get smart with the Thesis WordPress Theme from DIYthemes.