How did Steve get the above photo without the power lines being visible? Read Steve’s trip report to discover how he avoided the Screamer’s thin snow while descending.
Dec 13, 2019
Hello, all you lucky skiers within the SkierBob realm.
Fox Creek and Moraine in PLPP were groomed today. The loop known as the “SkierBob Special” should be a popular choice. The 18K loop consists of Whiskey Jack, Tyrwhitt, Elk Pass, Fox Creek and Moraine.
We have over 300K of groomed trails to choose from. Going from East to West:
- Strathmore Golf Course
- Confederation golf course in Calgary
- Shaganappi golf course in Calgary
- Priddis golf course
- West Bragg Creek
- Sandy McNabb
- Kananaskis: Bill Milne, Wedge Connector; Skogan Pass
- Peter Lougheed Provincial Park
- Mt Shark
- Canmore Nordic Centre
- Cascade Valley
- Redearth Creek
- Nipika Mountain Resort
- Lake Louise
- Kicking Horse river in Yoho
- Dawn Mountain in Golden, BC
Well, that makes it a “Top 16,” so much the better, but stay tuned, there may be more by Saturday morning.
17. Update Dec 14: Emerald Lake trails have been trackset
Let’s all be thankful it isn’t Dec 15, 2018 when I posted this: “With a lack of other venues available for skiing, the Canmore Nordic Centre was incredibly busy today.”