Wed Dec 28 @ 9:45 a.m:
This is a totally new experience this winter, having so many options for skiing!
In addition to everything we’ve had available already, more new trails have been groomed and/or trackset including:
Calgary: Shaganappi Golf Course is trackset with 6K for classic and 7K groomed for skating. Shaganappi Trail Report (Update: see comment below from Doug. Conditions have deteriorated)
North end of PLPP
Pipestone Loop and Hector – trackset and rated “Good”
Kananaskis Village trails although it sounds like they may be a bit rough
So where to go?
- I’d like climb up the new tracksetting on Whiskey Jack and do the Tyrwhitt loop, especially knowing that Fox Creek and Moraine are in decent shape, or should I turn left at the top of WJ and head down Pocaterra and check out some new grooming in the north end?
- Cascade Valley sounds enticing with all the animal tracks.
- Redearth Creek is a wonderful ski to the warden’s cabin.
- The Pipestone Loop at Lake Louise is high on my list and I haven’t been there yet.
- Canmore Nordic Centre is only a five minute drive and the natural snow trails have been packed.
- How about the beautiful Alluvial Fan at Emerald Lake?
- The trail I can never get enough of, Goat Creek and Spray River to Banff, despite a few rocks.
- I wish West Bragg Creek was closer because I enjoy seeing all the happy dogs running around while I’m skiing.
Can’t wait for tonight’s trip reports to see where everybody ended up.